Situated in the heart of Town Green, we are known to be a welcoming, caring and accepting church, so if you would like to come and find out about us we would love to see you.
In 2021 we celebrated 150 years of worshipping God in this building and of people coming together in Christian witness.
Services are held on Sundays at 10.30am and Reflective services at 6.30pm on the fourth Sunday of each month.
The History of our Church
- John Wesley visited Norwich, and although he never officially came to Wymondham, he would have passed through the town on several occasions whilst travelling in Norfolk.
- The first Primitive Methodist church was built in 1844, but members had met in private houses before this time.
- The present church was opened on 24th May 1871, a date specially chosen to coincide with the anniversary of John Wesley’s conversion.
- In 1933, the 22 members of the Wesleyan Church in Damgate joined with the Primitive members in Town Green.
- Large sums of money were raised to update some of the interior rooms in 1980, after the establishment of the Town Green Centre, and the front entrance was greatly improved.
- Pam Rhodes, from ‘Songs of Praise’ performed the official opening in 1992.
- The Church remains a forward-looking community, and welcomes visitors and new members.